Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Unfinished Projects and Pregoness

Hiyas everyone, I wanted to post a little bit about what I have been up to and how the pregnancy is going. It's been awhile since I last posted and I feel like I am abandoning my blog! That is the last thing I want to happen.

Lately I have been somewhat struggling to do side projects while keeping up with my two year old and morning sickness (which can happen anytime of the day). My intensified sense of smell has been keeping me out of my craft room and away from the computer. It smells stale in here and my window is nearly impossible to open. Such a dilemma and a motivation killer. I've tried a candle warmer and that didn't really help either. Even after my husband cleaned the room the smell is still there, and of course, I am the only one that can smell it ha ha. To be honest with you it has been pretty miserable on my part. But the good news is the baby is healthy and doing great.


My daughter is also doing well. She is learning a lot and loves to watch cartoons. Is this a bad thing? I try to limit her one cartoon a day. Her current favorite is Despicable Me. The weather has been good here and we have been going outside everyday. Much better than being cooped up like we were all winter long. I think I actually lost my mind a few times. Anyway, on to more impersonal stuff.


My Kenshin chibi amigurumi sold last week! It was a huge surprise and really made my week a happy one. It inspired me to make some more. I am currently working on a Nausicaa chibi. I would like to do the Ghibli characters. I had to go to the craft store and pick up some more skin tone colored yarn. That was difficult. They didn't have much selection. I ended up getting this off white color that has a little sheen to it. At first I was skeptical, but skin does have a natural glistening to it. So I am hoping for the best! There is another project on the back burner of course.
I was going to make a children's lion hat pattern. I started with the hat portion and to speed things up did a half double crochet stitch in the round. I didn't like how it turned out so I was about to give up, but, I came up with the idea of turning it into a Rapunzel wig because it is yellow. I plan on attaching long strands to it and braiding them. As far as keeping it on my daughters head with the weight of the hair, I haven't figured that part out yet. Perhaps putting a headband or crown over it to keep it on? I don't know. But I thought it would be fun to try writing a pattern for it. 


Speaking of writing patterns, I feel like it's my weakest link. It could be because I don't make enough from them or I get impatient at counting the stitches. It feels like one of those things there is a wall in front of and in the future the wall will be broken down and a light bulb will turn on. I am grateful for the challenge though.  The biggest challenge is figuring out a balance between parenthood and living a personal life. By personal life I mean doing activities that you want to do as an individual. Even as I write this my daughter is on my lap stringing yarn all over the keyboard. Like I said, biggest challenge.

Something that I really want to start doing again is drawing. I took a long hiatus from it to explore other expressions of art like crocheting. Now I am ready to practice drawing on the side in conjunction with the exploring of other possibilities. I was thinking keeping a sketchbook would be wise. My art teacher in high school always suggested it, and it's easy to put down and do fast sketches when you have free time as a parent.

Lately in my free time I have been devouring the Twilight saga books. I pretty much go through one a week, reading whenever my daughter is asleep or preoccupied without a doubt. I had watched the movies first and thought they were alright, but reading the books has really lowered my opinion of the movies. Granted I understand, everything has to be adapted for the big screen and I do believe the actors did almost everything in their power to portray the characters to the best of their abilities. But, the authors ability to create these deep personas of each character really can't be acted in my opinion. Bella's inner monologuing plays a large part in the story and I believe that this was one of the films biggest disadvantages at telling the story. But what I really love about the story is the originality and new perspective on vampires and werewolves.

In the end, that is pretty much what I have been up to. It seems like time is passing by me so quickly and I am kinda bummed about it, but at the same time I keep reminding myself it won't be like this forever. I am waiting for that thought to sink in a little deeper.

Thanks for reading this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails