Friday, December 18, 2009

A Life Update For You

Hello everyone!

It has been a very long time since I posted my last entry, sorry about that! We are finally moved into our new house.  A lot has happened since the day before Thanksgiving and I did not get my computer up and running until a few days ago.

We moved they day before Thanksgiving and on Thanksgiving day. That was a little crazy. We went out to eat with my parents and were absolutely starving. It's a good thing we went to a buffet.

There are still boxes to be unpacked and we have been at war with ants in our house. At first it was a bombardment, but we hired pest control about a week later of pulling our hair out... I don't know why we even waited a week! Now their numbers are more under control and my plants are not being colonized...

My daughter Kira turned one this month! My husband and I threw her a little family party and she got a cake of her own. She was so cute. I put a doll in the middle of the cake and she quickly pulled it out and stuck it in her mouth. I'll have to post pictures later.

Almost every week now we have had events to go to and lots of stuff to do. There have been two Christmas parties, gift shopping, friends from out of town coming over, getting a clothes dryer and Kira cutting open her lip after she fell and then a few days later coming down with her first flu, the stomach flu.

I spent all of yesterday holding my daughter as she whimpered and was vomiting on the both of us from her stomach flu. It was one of the most traumatic things I ever went through with my child. The entire morning I was giving her two teaspoons of water every 15 minutes, but what she needed was some electrolyte solution. Thank God my husband was able to leave work and come home for the rest of the day to help. He bought some of that electrolyte solution and the vomiting stopped by 3/4 of the time. We went to the doctors and she was seen. She was moderately dehydrated and almost admitted to the hospital, but luckily she was showing normal signs of crying and complaining so we went home. Every time I gave her the electrolyte solution she always wanted more and it was so heart wrenching. My husband and I continued this for the rest of the day and night every 10 minutes. It is amazing what you will do for your kids survival because you love them so much. This made me realize how much more God loves me too.

Today things are a lot more settled down. I've been praying for a season of an organized schedule and little to no chaos. I look forward to the day I can have time to myself for creativity, get chores done on a daily basis, take care of my daughter and husband in things that are necessary and workout on a regular basis. I have faith that days like that will be mine soon. In the meantime I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading today and keep well during the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails