Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crochet and Crafty Happenings As of Late

A few new projects to share with you. Handmade birthday card, postcard and crochet placemat. All of which were first time creations really. I would like to share with you a little bit about each of them!


One of my favorite things to do is go to the library when they are selling their old books. The books are all about a quarter, which I do absolutely find the best bargain around! Of course thrift stores sell books pretty cheap, but the library has some old vintage childrens book that are not found anywhere else. Thus making it an exciting experience every time the offer comes around!

In the birthday card above, I used pictures out of the book "Never Tease A Weasel" by Jean Condor Suele. Children's books are great for making cards, decorating packages and even for making postcards!


Here is a postcard I made for a swap on swap-bot.com. I used a background from a "Benji" book. I save all reusable scraps from the pages I use and this is one way you can use them. I drew the goat then cut it out with an xacto knife using black construction paper and glued it all together with a glue stick.


As for recent crochet projects, I tried my hand at a chevron stitch for this placemat I made for my dad's birthday. I didn't follow a pattern so it did get a little difficult at times. The ends started getting uneven. To visually correct it, I tied tassels at the ends of the mat and cut them all the same length. That's how you trouble shoot uneven ends! 

Hope you enjoyed my recent posts. Fall is on it's way for most of us and I am looking forward to making some new fall designs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails