Friday, November 5, 2010

Handmade Anime Postcards

Hello all! It's been awhile, hasn't it? I thought I'd give an update on my current project, which are anime postcards. And yes, they are handmade!

I created a template in illustrator for the back of the postcards with my heavenly stuffed name. I print three to a page on index card stock.

I had a few Anime Newtype magazines sitting around at my parents house and went through them. After I tore out all the pages I wanted to use for postcards, I traced the postcard size over the pictures. To cut them,  I use an x-acto knife and ruler.


To glue them I like to use good old fashioned glue in a stick; with a glue stick. Sometimes they like to curl, so I generally put them underneath a heavy book to dry flat.

After they are done drying, I like to use a corner cutter on the corners. For a finishing touch, I make an envelope for eight postcards. Voila! Anime postcards. Truly this method can be used with any magazine pictures.

After some research, I came to a conclusion on the matter of copyright. If you are using a magazine clipping, book, or anything that you have bought that had the copyrighted images printed with permission, it is legal to resale them. The copyright is only placed on copying the image yourself in any format (be it drawing, printing or photocopying).  So fear not my friends, it is legal to use that stuff and sell it! :)

Thanks for reading,

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails