Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shawl/Cascading Scarves For Craft Bazaar 2011




Hey all! Here is one of the items I will be selling at my church's craft bazaar. They are shawls that can be worn like a traditional shawl or for a trendier look, a cascading scarf. I made these shawls with solomon's knots. I plan on making several more. I will probably sell them for between $20-$30. 


The pattern for this shawl can be found in Crochet Today's November/December 2011 issue. Here is a link of the pattern preview: http://www.crochettoday.com/crochet-patterns/moms-shawl.

Also featured in the photos is a dress form my best friend helped me make out of duct tape and packing tape, stuffed with plastic bags! The tutorial uses packing tape, but I used a cotton t-shirt on my model then covered it with duct tape. Probably a lot heavier!

Here is the tutorial for the dress form: http://www.threadbanger.com/episode/THR_20090403

I'll be posting about my fingerless gloves tomorrow, be sure to check it out!


Thanks for reading,

Rae.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails