Sunday, November 8, 2009

Crochet Progression Since August 2009!

Left: My first attempt at Amigurumi and Right: Most recent toy finished today!

I wanted to share with you all how far I have come along since I first started crocheting in August 2009! Above is a photo of my crochet project to the left and my most recently finished to the right.

The left is a bear from Ana Paula Rimoli's book Amigurumi World. It was the first time I ever tried crocheting and it took me five times before I got the bear head right. I had cheap yarn from the thrift-store and no idea what I was really doing. My daughter loved it none-the-less and I really surprised myself with it at the time.

On the right is my most recent made toy, a mouse I named Melody! The base pattern is out of Ana's book mentioned above as well, but I decided to forge a new path and give it my own flare. I love putting the blush on the toys now. If you would like to know how it's done please contact me, I'd love to let you know! I added lashes and whites to the eyes and crocheted the mouth. Right after I finished taking pictures of it, I went upstairs and put it in Kira's crib for her to find when she wakes up from her nap!

Thank you for reading my post and meeting Melody the mouse!

PS: Melody is the name of our neighbor. She is a very sweet lady. Her husband's name is Robert and I was thinking about making a boy mouse to go with this one. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails