Monday, November 16, 2009

Packing with Totoro!

Hello all,

We are so close to moving now! One more week and a half and we will be able to move into our new house. It is so exciting, but at the same time a little crazy. My husband has been finishing up side work he wants done before we move and I have been trying to watch our daughter and pack in the meantime. You could say my plate is full for sure. I have us almost halfway packed.

In my resting time I have been crocheting. I recently finished Kira's Totoro hat for the winter! It was a very rewarding moment when I gave it to her and she recognized who it was. I about melted with joy!

My next project is a Totoro toy. I am starting small and trying to develop a new technique for the head. I am trying to create a head with a jaw/nose that is not round but pushes out from it. So, it's taking a little longer to figure it out then normal.

In other news, my husband informed me that season two of The Seeker came out!!! Why did he inform me? So that I wouldn't watch it on Netflix without him, haha! We watched the first season together and loved it. My mom still mentions I should take the time to read the books because they are ever-more detailed, which I believe her but, like I said earlier my plate is somewhat full at the moment.

With that said I am going to have to keep this blog short. The stuff in our house is calling my name to be packed! Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my hubby loves Totoro or rather the author of Totoro. Did you make that pattern on your own? Awesome!!! I hope to do half as good as you. I am really taking baby steps in my amigurumi. Plus having to relocate so much does not help in my planning and working. LOL! You rock! By the way, did you also make the Eli, from Pocoyo? My son loves him, then. He is 3 1/2 now so not too much. He is also like you Kira, asking me to crochet all kinds of stuff. From fruits to animals, from Disney characters to bugs! I love them! They are my great helper and encouragers! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails