Monday, August 9, 2010

New Lily Pad Cross Choker


I wanted to show you guys a new crochet chain I came up with for this choker I am going to sell on etsy. 

The chain has picots and freeform solomon knot's along a foundation chain. I crocheted rings at the each end of the chain to tie a green ribbon to for fastening. 


The silver cross pulls this work together in my opinion. I am calling this chain a lily pad chain, because the picots look like lily pads and the solomon knots look like water flowing through them. 

Originally I was going to call it the Ophelia chain but I didn't want it to be associated with the term opheliac.  Rather, I wanted it to be referred to the painting of Ophelia floating down the stream with flowers around her. But even that is a little too morbid for me to name something after ha ha. Although I still am a fan of Hamlet, don't get me wrong on that.

I have several of these crosses from the craft store and plan on making several more of these chokers. I am limited on a few colors because the lily pad chain looks best with thicker crochet thread rather than the finer string.

Let me know what you think by leaving your comments below. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails